Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 1

I have not been a very good Primal-adherent the past month. The family has managed to eliminate most processed foods, seed oils, and soy products. We still have our weaknesses, such as a quick fast-food dinner or a packaged desert. If I do not have it in the house, I do not go out of my way to pick anything up, but sometimes the convenience outweighs the effort. With three small kids, a full time job, and school, that is sometimes more important in the short term.

I was going to start this 3 days ago, but circumstances prevented any earlier effort on my part. I believe I have been pushing myself too hard with my workouts. They have left me feeling tired, but full of nervous energy, which I thought was a good thing. Turns out, they have just been wearing me down; physically as well as mentally. I would hit a wall about 5 or 6 PM and just crave carbohydrates. Last night, after an especially bad period of overheating and dehydration, I warmed up some leftover pizza that was in the fridge. My body obviously needed something, because I felt better after I ate it, but I'm sure I will pay for it today.

Going forward, I am cutting back on the workouts until my energy level perks back up. This means my diet has to be cleaner. I am sticking to the leafy vegetables, avoiding starches and sugars, and keeping things simple.

Menu July 4th, 2011
Breakfast
  • 8 oz glass of V8
  • Tri-tip, zucchini, and mushroom omelet
Lunch
  • Mixed green salad w/ Pastrami
Dinner
  • ????????

No comments:

Post a Comment