Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17th, 2010

Sunday

My body was doing some strange things today. I felt nauseous for most of today. I did not eat breakfast with my girls early this morning. I did not eat any lunch until just after 1500. When I did eat, it was a delicious root vegetable hash with bacon and eggs. Whenever I transition from high-carb to low-carb my body always has a brief period of... let's say... evacuation. Not sure what causes it... or why it only happens after 2-3 days of eating low-carb.

My mother's side of the family seems to have a history of gall stones and gall bladder surgery. I have never had any issues with my gall bladder or with gall stones, but I have considered that the lack of carbohydrates might compound the presence of additional fats in my diet. If my body is not full optimized for digestion of fat (as in not producing enough bile) it might account for my... difficulties. I'm sure no one is interested in any of this... I just thought I would write it down to document it.

My Meals Today:

Lunch:
1/2 Apple
Carrot, Parsnip, and Onion Hash
4 oz. Bacon
2x Eggs fried in Butter

Snack:
6 to 8 oz. mixed nuts (no peanuts)
2.5 oz. Dark Chocolate (67%)

Review:
  1. No Sugar. I will give myself a B. I ate chocolate, which has sugar. But, it was dark chocolate and I only had a small amount.
  2. No Grains. I earned an A. I had no grains. This is usually the easy part.
  3. Move around a little every day. I will give myself a B. I did a lot of moving around while I was awake at home. I moved a lot of stuff up and down our stairs and I worked up a good sweat while bleaching our standing shower stall.
  4. Move really fast every once in a while. --- bah, humbug.
  5. Lift heavy things. Let's go with a C. I carried some heavy boxes up the stairs, but that did not last very long. I need to start working on this one as soon as I wake up in the morning / afternoon.

Overall Grade: B Yay, a surprisingly good day. And this is the third day in a row. I finally feel like I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment